Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Fear

I'm afraid of the little things. Of ants crossing in front of me and my large feet accidentally crushing their tiny bodies. Of the sun slipping behind a cloud and it never coming out the other side. Of tripping over a crack in the sidewalk and accidentally falling into another universe completely, another dimension, where nothing's the same but it isn't really different.

I worry about my skin bunching up like too-long sleeves. I worry about ideas falling out of my ears when the sticky on the back of their paper wears off. I worry about walking too far along the side of the road and never being able to find my way back, even if it's just a this-way-or-that-way situation.

I like when trees whisper secrets to each other as I walk underneath their green leafy canopies and pretend I'm anywhere but the city. I like how the sky never ceases to provide me with the comfort that there's blue underneath the grey and all I have to do is wait for the clouds to thin out. I like that I can move all my toes individually because it freaks out my little brother and it makes for a great party trick.

I love smiling. I love sunshine. I love laughter.

1 comment:

  1. "I like that I can move all my toes individually because it freaks out my little brother and it makes for a great party trick" really? wow, that is amazing! have any video doing it ??

    ReplyDelete