Monday, May 10, 2010

Believers

I believe in those fantasy things. I believe in unicorns and fairies. I believe in trees that know everything and dragons sleeping in deep caves. I believe in love. I believe because I'm still a child, and no matter how old I get, I'll still be a child, still be believing...

You have to believe in these things if you want to survive. You shove away the fist in front of you. Ignore the insults being flung in your face. You're not really here. You're somewhere else, in a forest, on the back of a pegasus, on your way to the nearest castle to meet the princess. You can be her hero. You can save her from her mean father who's shouting at her. Because words hurt. Because words hurt a whole fucking lot more than him slapping you around and you know that. But they don't. They laugh at the words.

I believe in rainbows and fairytale endings. All the ugly ducklings turn to swans. I'll be beautiful one day. I'll break free of my cocoon, I'll transform into this amazing girl and I will be wonderful.

I believe I'll be magnificent.

1 comment:

  1. I believe in all that, too. I always will. Because believing is what gets me through the day.

    ReplyDelete